6a. Kingís Lynn, St. Margaretís, Charnel Chapel, built on north west tower, destroyed 1779.  The upper level was a funerary chapel dedicated to St. John the Evangelist; the lower room was a consecrated vault where the authorities of St. Margaretís could place the bones of the dead that had been disturbed in forming new graves in the burial grounds surrounding the church.  After William Taylor, The Antiquities of Kingís Lynn (London, 1844).