1. GENERAL HEADING: Exploring the Text
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "Casting the Play"
3. GOALS: To define individual interpretations for staging the script and its characters.
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Individuals
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: Script, paper, pencil.
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: Preparation time: 30 minutes. Discussion time: 15 30 minutes.
7. STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION: Cast each role in the play with a well-known actor or public figure. Share and discuss the cast lists.
8. POINTS FOR OBSERVATION, DISCUSSION:
9. SOURCE/REFERENCE: Prof. Audrey Stanley, University of California at Santa Cruz, 1995-96 NEH Institute "Shakespeare Examined through Performance."
10. ADDITIONAL READING: N.A.
11. VARIATIONS: 1) Give the ideal age for each character. Variation
2) Specify the quality of the actor or public figure that seems appropriate
to the role.