1. GENERAL HEADING: Improvisation
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "The Honey Walk"
3. GOALS: To build concentration and alertness; prompt imagination
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Group exercise--unlimited
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: None
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: 10 15 minutes
7. STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION: Have the class spread out around the room. Instruct the students to put on their imaginary scuba diving outfits and to begin breathing through their regulators. Then tell the students that they are walking/swimming through
The cement, however, is drying quickly and the students are to be become "frozen" in the cement. After everyone is frozen in whatever position they find themselves in--tell them to break out of the cement.
8. POINTS FOR OBSERVATION, DISCUSSION: Were they pretending or living truthfully under imaginary circumstances? What is the difference?
9. SOURCE/REFERENCE: Adapted from Greg Atkin's Improv!, Portsmouth, N.H.: Heinemann, 1994.
10. ADDITIONAL READING: N.A.
11. VARIATIONS: Endless....