1. GENERAL HEADING: Live Performance Analysis
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "One-page Written Response"
3. GOALS: To heighten awareness of performance choices.
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: N.A.
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: N.A.
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: N.A.
7. STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION: After watching a performance as a class, ask students to write one page discussing what they found to be a distinctive choice by an actor, designer, or the director.
8. POINTS FOR OBSERVATION/DISCUSSION: How same performance choices can be interpreted differently by different playgoers.
9. SOURCE/ REFERENCE: Alan Dessen and Audrey Stanley
10. ADDITIONAL READING: N.A.
11. VARIATIONS: Use a videotape of a live performance or a film version.