1. GENERAL HEADING: Performance Exercises
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "Reverse Interpretations of a Scene"
3. GOALS: To clarify performance choices.
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Open
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: N.A.
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: 40 minutes (30 for scene work and 10 for discussion)
7. STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION: Ask pairs of students, who have already worked together on a dialogue, to perform what they feel to be the opposite interpretation of the scene. Next, ask the students to switch roles. Finally, return to the original interpretation.
8. POINTS FOR OBSERVATION, DISCUSSION: Insights gained from playing partner's role in dialogue.
9. SOURCE/REFERENCE: Audrey Stanley
10. ADDITIONAL READING: N.A.
11. VARIATIONS: N.A.