1. GENERAL HEADING: Visual Materials
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "Character Collage"
3. GOALS: To gain new insights into a character/role using visual rather than verbal analysis.
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: N.A.
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: Magazine pictures, reproductions of art works, fragments of wood, glass, cloth-anything that can convey meaning about students' interpretations of their assigned characters in a given play.
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: N.A.
7. STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION: Ask the class to prepare simple collages that express both the internal and external nature of their assigned characters. Display the collages for classmates. Ask each student to explain the significance of his or her choices.
8. POINTS FOR OBSERVATION, DISCUSSION: Multiple ways of exploring character.
9. SOURCE/REFERENCE: Audrey Stanley
10. ADDITIONAL READING: N.A.
11. VARIATION: N.A.