1. GENERAL HEADING: Voice and Body Exercises
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "The Bear-Hug"
3. GOALS: To place the breath and allow it to find its natural position; to open the entire ribcage around the center of the body; to allow the diaphragm to freely move in and out; to activate all muscles that support the outward breath; to build breath capacity.
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Group Exercise: unlimited maximum
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: None.
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: 5 - 10 minutes
8. POINTS FOR OBSERVATION, DISCUSSION: None
9. SOURCE/REFERENCE: Patsy Rodenburg's The Right to Speak, NYC: Routledge, 1992.
10. ADDITIONAL READING: N.A.
11. VARIATIONS: N.A.