1. GENERAL HEADING: Voice and Body Exercises
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "Whispered Monologues"
3. GOALS: To strengthen communication and concentration.
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Full class.
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: None
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: About five minutes.
7. STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION: Class spreads out around the room. Simultaneously each actor whispers a pre-memorized monologue to the person across the room from them. (It does not matter if the person across does or doesn't pick them as their "target" in return.)
8. POINTS FOR OBSERVATION, DISCUSSION: Each actor is instructed to make their communication specific and clear. Holding onto individual concentration is difficult, which is part of the point.
9. SOURCE/REFERENCE: Audrey Stanley
10. ADDITIONAL READING: N.A.
11. VARIATIONS: N.A.