1. GENERAL HEADING: Warm-up Exercises
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "Body Sound"
3. GOALS: To locate sounds in our bodies.
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Any number
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: None
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: 5-10 minutes
7. STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION: Participants lie on floor, get comfortable, and repeat the following: four sounds: oi, ga, pa, s-s-s. Let whatever emotions come up drive the sounds, first with the body still, then letting the body move with the feeling/sound. Ask, "What kind of creature is this sound?" Then participants engage in conversation with a partner, a question and answer exchange which involves conflict. Then participants react to others, then to a huge fire consuming the world, then to a cool, soothing rain.
8. POINTS FOR OBSERVATION, DISCUSSION: Discoveries in the process of locating sound in the body.
9. SOURCE/REFERENCE: Audrey Stanley, University of California, Santa Cruz
10. ADDITIONAL READING: N.A.
11. VARIATIONS: N.A.