1. GENERAL HEADING: Warm-up Exercises
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "The Name Game"
3. GOALS: To familiarize a group with everyone's name; to build concentration and alertness; to generate specific physical and vocal responses to other players; to raise the energy level and volume of a class.
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Groups of eight or larger
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: Chairs are useful, but could be dispensed with.
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: 5-10 minutes
7. STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION:
8. POINTS FOR OBSERVATION, DISCUSSION: Responding to verbal and visual cues; tension and relaxation; development of ease and rapport within a group.
9. REFERENCE: Phillip Joseph, from ACTER (A Center for Theatre, Education and Research at UNC-Chapel Hill)
10. ADDITIONAL READING: N.A.
11. VARIATIONS: related to "Zip, Zap, Pow"