1. GENERAL HEADING: Warm-up Exercises
2. TITLE OF EXERCISE: "Ways of Walking"
3. GOALS: To allow states of mind to permeate movement.
4. NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Any number
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: None
6. CLASS TIME NEEDED: 5-10 minutes
7. DESCRIPTION: Group walks at moderate pace around the space you are working in. Leader gives directions on various states of mind to be embodied in walk: peaceful, proud, dejected, in a hurry, tiptoeing quietly, nervous pacing, etc.
8. POINTS FOR DISCUSSION: How movement embodies and communicates states of mind. Which states are more difficult to embody?
9. SOURCE/REFERENCE: Michael Friedman, University of Scranton
10. ADDITIONAL READING: See Moni Yakim, Creating A Character: A Physical Approach to Acting on how to embody a character.
11. VARIATIONS: N.A.